Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Modern Silence - Casper & the Cookies

For the record (no pun intended), Modern Silence will not be released until May 12th. I picked it up when my band played a show with Casper & the Cookies in St. Louis. I put it in my car on the long drive home from the venue, and I was blown away. The album opener, "Little King", is a beautifully orchestrated pop tune with a walking bassline and jangling guitars. "You Love Me" features a great constant two part harmony, and Bill Doss from Olivia Tremor Control! I did a double take while listening, but it's totally him. Some other great ones include: "Sharp!", "Nagoya", "Keep Talking", and "Sunshine Girl". This album jumps around to fit just about every mood. It also includes lead vocals from each band member, and a number of guest musicians which makes this their most accomplished album yet. I am a huge fan of these guys, and I can see great things for them with the release of this great new record "Modern Silence"!

No comments:

Post a Comment